Precast Concrete Tactile Paver
Mobility Research Precast Concrete Tactile Pavers are a specialised textured paving product for the orientation of the blind and those with vision impairment and provide an anti-slip surface for all pedestrians.
They are a supply only product and can be ordered through our office on 09 520 4953.
- Click here to see our Precast Concrete Pavers projects
Two types of Tactile Pavers are available
Both tactile types have dimensions measuring 300 x 300.
60mm is the recommended depth but we can do other thicknesses on request.
- Type B Warning/Hazard Tactile Pavers have a grid of raised circular studs on the top surface.
- Type C Directional/Leading Tactile Pavers have a series of raised elongated bars on the top surface.
They have been specifically developed and locally manufactured for the harsh New Zealand climate and exhibit superior compressive strength, slip resistance, colour stability and size uniformity.
They are manufactured in two layers – the topping layer consists of an ultra hard and durable 50 MPA face mix containing Premium Grade colour oxides for UV stable, long lasting and consistently vibrant colour. The dense base layer contains quality aggregate chip for superior flexural and compressive strength.
The stock colour is Safety Yellow however a range of other colours are available and are manufactured to order – minimum quantities and lead times will apply.
Mobility Research Tactile Pavers are designed and manufactured out of two licensed New Zealand precast factories to a number of national standards and recommendations:
- Land Transport New Zealand RTS 14.
- NZS 4121:2001 Design for Access and Mobility.
- NZS/AS 1428.4.1:2009 Design for Access and Mobility, Part 4.1: Means to assist the orientation of people with vision impairment - Tactile ground surface indicators.
- AS/NZS 4586:2004 Slip Resistance Classification of New Pedestrian Surface materials.
- The Royal N.Z. Foundation for the Blind Design Guide.
- Endorsed by N.Z. disability organisations.
Specifications cover compressive strength, abrasion, abrasion loss, mean coefficient of friction.
- Click here to download a brochure for MRC Specs Precast Paver Products.